Exclusive composers workshop with Hollywood composer Jeff Rona (Traffic, Phantom, Black Hawk Down, The Thin Red Line)
Saturday, August 22, 2015, 09:00am – 06:00pm
Workshop fee: 195.00 Euro including full SoundTrack_Cologne 12 accreditation.
Due to the big success of the 2013 workshop and the numerous inquiries to repeat this project, we are happy to announce another workshop with Jeff Rona:
Participate in an exclusive workshop with Hollywood composer Jeff Rona (Traffic, Phantom, Black Hawk Down, The Thin Red Line)! Submit your music to a given film take and a provides briefing forehand and get it analyzed, receive improvement suggestions and discuss it intensively with Jeff Rona at the workshop. Improve your skills right away by working on your
composition together with Jeff during the day.
The workshop is limited to 8 participants.
About the workshop:
Prior to the workshop every potential participant has to submit his own music for a filmclip provided by SoundTrack_Cologne 12. In an introduction Jeff Rona will outline the elements and requirements of the filmclip and will go into every participant’s music after that, suggest improvements and discuss options. The workshop’s objective is – on the one hand – to convey a sense of an actual briefing and discussion situation with a director, on the other hand to give an impression of essential composing rudiments of an experienced Hollywood composer. Through the individual review every participant shall discover personal improvement or alteration potentials.
After the analysis every workshop participant will be given time to work on his/her music. This means that the participants shall bring an appropriate working environment. Subsequently the changes in every participant’s music will be analysed and discussed.
09.00am – 09:15am: Welcoming and introduction
09:15am – 11:00am: Analysis and review of the music
11:00am – 04:00pm: Time for revision with support by Jeff Rona
04:00pm – 06:00pm: Analysis and discussion of the revised music
Applicants can download the video file and the application form after filling in the entry form below on this site.
For a successful workshop attendance the following things are necessary:
- An original self-composed musical draft for the provided film scene as MP3 or WAV file.
- The application form has to be submitted completely and correctly filled in.
- Technical basic requirement for composing on a local workstation: laptop computer with DAW, headphones, music-synchronous film playback (e.g. directly in the DAW), midi-keyboard
- A written certificate of participation by SoundTrack_Cologne
Upload your application files to a webspace (e.g. FTP, Dropbox, ...) and make sure:
1. to send the link to your files to workshop|at|soundtrackcologne.de (please do not send your application files by email)
2. that the application files are accessable through this link and without signing up to the platform you use.
3. that the link you send us is non-expiring. (Wetransfer and MyAirbridge will delete your files after a certain period)
In order to give the maximum number of participants the chance to take part on the workshop, by submitting your music draft and by signing the application form you agree that if you receive a certificate of participation from SoundTrack_Cologne you will take part on the workshop and you will pay the participation fee beforehand. Please verify for yourself that you can attend the workshop at the given time and that you can fulfil the requirements.
The deadline for applicants is July 17, 2015. The participants will be chosen by SoundTrack_Cologne and Jeff Rona after rating the material sent in. There is no right of appeal.
For questions please refer to workshop|at|soundtrackcologne.de